Monday, November 22, 2010

Leaves

"Caress the detail, the divine detail."-Vladimir Nabokov




While walking down the sidewalk at my apartment and looking at all of the leaves, I had the idea to backlight them on a light table and shoot them with a macro lens to pick up all the fine details and capture the brilliance and variations in the color. I originally wanted to shoot it as a "pleasure" shot, for my own entertainment, but decided it might be a good idea to use it for my object lighting portfolio. Let me which one you like the best!



The leaves are one of the only things I like about autumn (I'm more of a spring/summer type person). There's nothing like watching the wind pick up a cloud of brightly colored leaves.

All leaves shot with a D300, 60 mm macro lens, and hot lights at ISO 200.
Leaf #1: f/4.5 @ 1/100 sec.
Leaf #2: f/7.1 @ 1/15 sec.
Leaf #3: f/7.1 @ 1/125 sec.

5 comments:

  1. I have quite an obsession with leaves and I love these shots. My favorite would have to be the shot in the middle the detail and color is awesome. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW liz i really Love what you have done with these leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. incredible colors, details, and simplicity!
    i love the focus in the last image, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these turned out really good. Diff like the one in the middle. Nice composition

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Elizabeth Ratledge, a photography student at Randolph Community College in Asheboro, NC.

Followers