Wednesday, February 9, 2011

'Tis The Time For Flowers!

"People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us. -Iris Murdoch"

This was shot at ISO 200, f/11, 1/20 with a D300 and 60 mm lens.

This was shot at ISO 200, 1/100, f/8 with a D300, 55 mm Sigma macro lens, and PB-5 bellow extension tubes.

This was shot at ISO 200, f/11, 1/100 with a D300, a 55 mm Sigma macro lens, and PB-5 bellow extension tubes.

This was shot at ISO 200, f/18, 1/100 with a D300 and a 60 mm macro lens.


I've had the idea for a while to shoot some macro shots of flowers, and I've also wanted to get my hands on the PB-5 bellows extension tubes. I'm so glad that I experimented with both in the same shoot. This is the first series of flowers from that shoot. This is a Gerbera Daisy, they are the 5th most used cut flower in the world (according to Wikipedia...).

On a side note, there is nothing better on a bad day than getting in the studio and shooting flowers. Flowers are such happy things, it's hard for me to be sad while working with them.

4 comments:

  1. The lighting is very nice. I love the simple, clean look of the photographs. Also, photographing these would make me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is my favorite, I like the detail you can see. Very nicely done and the last image is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these Liz! You did a great job with the bellows and getting great focus. Nice way to knock it out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! These images put me in the mood for spring!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Elizabeth Ratledge, a photography student at Randolph Community College in Asheboro, NC.

Followers