Thursday, February 17, 2011

Red Rose

"A rose is the visible result of an infinitude of complicated goings on in the bosom of the earth and in the air above, and similarly a work of art is the product of strange activities in the human mind."- Clive Bell

I shot this with a D300, 60 mm macro lens, at ISO 200, f/20, 1/100.

I shot this with a D300, 55 mm Sigma macro lens, PB-5 bellows extension tubes, at ISO 200, f/8, 1/100.

This is the second set of flower images I shot for macro. The rose definitely had a different feeling than the Gerbera Daisy did. Red roses are a lot more seductive and romantic, while Gerbera Daisies are more playful and cute. I thought they were a really good contrast for each other.

Once again, I am loving shooting the flowers. I have never been one to take a ton of pictures of flowers, even when I first started doing photography, but they look so much different in macro. I am having a good time exploring them more closely.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work Elizabeth on the rose I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Elizabeth Ratledge, a photography student at Randolph Community College in Asheboro, NC.

Followers