Thursday, January 20, 2011

Music

"Music is what feelings sound like."



This semester I am taking Macro Photography and for our first assignment we were just supposed to shoot 2-3 images using the macro equipment we had just been checked out on. I caught some interference on the back of this CD. Using the Macro equipment is a challenge, and technically speaking, very different than shooting regular sized things. There were a lot of problems that I discovered just from experimenting. I am glad we did this assignment, because it was important for me to discover what I needed to look out for in the future.

This was shot with a D300, and a 60 mm, at a 1:1 ratio. I shot with two 750 hot lights.
ISO 200, f/32, and .4"



6 comments:

  1. Super cool shot!! i love the color interference and the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice light and diffraction off the cd! It has some very nice design qualities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colors! Love the lighting and detail of your cd! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful clean shot, Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz that is an awesome shot, I really like the interference that you catch. I love the brilliant colors detail that I didn't even know was in a CD! Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, hello there interference!
    this is so creative and wonderfully captured.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi! I am Elizabeth Ratledge, a photography student at Randolph Community College in Asheboro, NC.

Followers